Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference French Breakfast Puffs




I love conference weekend! You get to sleep in and listen to the prophets voice and eat yummy breakfasts! Thanks to Roslyn I got to add French Breakfast Puffs to the tradition. I enjoyed eating these yummy creations when I visited Roslyn when I was in college, and now I get to enjoy them myself. As you can see they were very yummy! I didn't even get to take a picture till half of them were gone! If you would like to enjoy these yummies yourself, I've added the recipe:)




French Breakfast Puffs (By: Roslyn Beckstead)

1/3 c. shortening
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
~3/4 c. milk

*Preheat oven to 350.
*Cream shortening and sugar.
*Add egg and mix thoroughly.
*In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and nutmeg.
*Stir in flour (in about three parts) alternately with milk (in about three parts). Stir gently, after each addition, until just combined. You can add more or less milk to get a good muffin consistency. Do not over beat or over mix. (This is probably where I don't get it right, since I make sure my baking powder is fresh)
*Pour into greased muffin tin about 2/3 full (it should make 12, but I usually make 9 since mine don't usually turn out).
*Bake about 20 min. or until golden brown.
*While baking, melt 6-8 Tbsp butter in a bowl, and make ~1 c. cinnamon sugar in a bowl (1 c. sugar + 1 tsp. cinnamon, or however you like it).
*Immediately after the muffins are out of the oven, roll in butter and then in cinnamon sugar and set on a plate.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

mmm... those look good.

GordonandChrissy said...

Yum! I love conference treats. :)