Saturday, May 23, 2009

mmm...strawberry jam :)


So a while ago I bought some strawberries from my favorite grocery store, Sunflower Market, and I also got some strawberries from Mom Brown. Jimmy and I were too busy to eat them as soon as we should have, but not to busy to make some homemade jam! I had just enough for the quick version. After some phone calls to my mom, a box of pectin, and advice from Jimmy (the old jam maker), I started the jam. I was kinda nervous when making it because of others horror stories of the jam not setting and such. After everything, I was a lucky one and created some yummy yummy strawberry jam! Of course I had to make homemade bread to go with it! Sadly it is almost gone now, but it made our tummies happy as you can see! Hopefully in the future when we have a normal size kitchen, and cabinet space to match, I'll be making a lot more jam and a variety of it too!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

i love, love, love homemade strawberry jam, but have never made it. go you!

Amy Jane said...

Yum!! I just made jam for the first time too! You probably already did this, but using lemon zest really adds yummyness.

Kristie Romberg said...

Looks great Amy! I'm so jealous of your domestic skills! :) You'll have to teach me all your tricks sometime. You're awesome!