Monday, July 22, 2013

Aloha!

Aloha! That's right my friends we have moved to Hawaii! We love it! Jimmy got a job out here and I have retired from teaching. We are loving the sun, sand and surf and are looking forward to lots of adventures. I know that I haven't been updating my blog lately and honestly, I don't plan on it. But, if you would still like emails with our happenings and pictures email me and I'll add you to the list! Below is an email and pics that I have already sent out to friends and family. I'm not sure if this will be my last blog or not, who knows, maybe I will end up blogging a lot more? Who knows... Enjoy and Mahalo! Aloha family and friends! I almost feel like I am on a mission and need to write to you about our happenings this first week. It is sunny and warm and we can go to the beach whenever and we love it! We got to our place last Tuesday really late (1am wednesday) and it was way better than we thought it would be considering we only had pictures to go off of. It has a big porch (lanai) in the front with a little courtyard for Kaden to play in. There is so much landscaping we feel like it is our own little private place. The neighbors are mostly young families and there are 4 kids (4-7yrs) That asked the very next morning if Kaden could play. And they play for hours! The courtyard is pretty enclosed naturally by the plants so it is very safe and the kids are so nice. They already have called Jimmy and I auntie and uncle. We have been busy settling in and going to the beach. We went to Haleiwa, Pupukea (where the turtles come up and eat seaweed on the exposed rocks during low tide) and Sunset. We are still waiting to find a good time to go to Waiamea and get a parking spot so we can go there. Our ward is awesome. They were so excited that we were staying and suprised that we weren't military. I got a lei in relief society to welcome me there as well as the other 10-15 visitors. They do that every week and have several visitors in the summer. We finally got our car off the boat today and feel a little less touristy. We are required to register it in 30 days. I can't wait for a Hawaii plate! Now if only we could find a babysitter for our anniversary on Thursday... Anyone wanna fly out? I've attached a couple of pictures. Enjoy! I'll email again with more adventures soon! - Amy, Jimmy, Kaden, and Jarom
My first go at Hawaiian Mac. Yum.
The two cuties at BK after we picked up our car at the port
Jarom the crawler at our house
Kaden at Pupukea beach.
Waiamea Bay, A-mazing!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow lucky you!!! What an adventure. You are brave, I am scared to move away from family, but Hawaii. I hope all works out for you. I would love to get occasional updates. elizabethkitchen@gmail.com

Aleena said...

So good to see you enjoying your new adventure in Hawaii! I can't believe how big your boys are getting. What studs! I would love to be added to your email list...aleenact@yahoo.com I also have a question for you but I would rather email you about it...Thanks!