Thursday, December 30, 2010

Its a long one!

So I am finally catching up with the blog and my new year resolution is to get back on top of everything, even if it takes getting up at 5 AM to accomplish it! To finish our Halloween post I finally found our picture with our costumes this year. Kaden was the next All American playing for BYU and we were his crazy coaches from the 80's. Doesn't Jimmy wear the 'stash well?



Shortly after Halloween Jimmy went into surgery. It was a routine exploratory surgery, since we had exhausted all avenues to find out what was this lump in his abdomen causing back pain. After checking in, getting in a gown, an IV and shaved 2 hours later the surgeon came out to tell me that his appendix was bad, and was infecting some of his surrounding tissue and organs. Turns out he had Chronic Appendicitis for the last 3 years. Crazy, I know, but if you would like you can look it up here.

It was the worst recovery we had ever experienced together. They drugged up Jimmy so much post surgery that I had to wait an additional hour after surgery to go in and see him. He still doesn't remember the first 3 days after surgery, and is a little foggy of the two week period. Many people stepped in and helped me during the recovery, thank you all that helped us out during that time.



My brother Thomas came for a visit. It was so fun to see him and Kaden finally got to see his uncle Tom! (If you include Skyping, then I only have 7 more siblings who have yet to meet Kaden)

On the 11th of November, I celebrated my 25th Birthday! Quarter of a century. Looking back I've loved the past 25 years and am thoroughly looking forward to my next 25. I've always wanted pearls, and Jimmy got me a beautiful set of pearl earrings, necklace, and bracelet. We had a family party and enjoyed my favorite Coke Cake!!



We had a very yummy Thanksgiving with some of Jimmy's family and loved having a bit of a break from school. Some how I didn't get a pic of the family and the spread, but Kaden really wanted to eat his blanket for his Turkey dinner.



The day after Thanksgiving Jimmy's friend Michael Skarda got married! We drove up to Salt Lake for the wedding, and dinner. It was beautiful and they are so happy and in love. It was great to be a part of their happy happy day!

The Newly Weds!


Kaden wishing his congratulations and request for a new friend soon!


All the High School Buddies

The same weekend we had a bunch of family in town and had Kaden's baby blessing. It was a beautiful blessing. After, we had a brunch at our house and it was packed! Thank you so much to everyone that braved the blizzard and an early morning to make it out for Kaden's special time.


The Whole Gang


The men in his blessing circle


Happy Mommy, Daddy, and Kaden

Kaden also turned 3 months on December 6th. He is getting so big! He is wearing 6 mo. footsie pj's cause he's just so stinking long! He loves playing with his toys, laughing, smiling, sleeps a wonderful 8-10 hours every night. We are so blessed to have this wonderful kiddo!


Kaden and Mommy at the wedding


Kaden and his cousins (L to R Maybree (10 mo.) Kaden (3 mo.) and Nadia (6 mo.))

Smiling, Smiling, Smiling!


Kaden's first real snowfall with Daddy

Well that's all for the update! I'll be blogging more again soon!

2 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Love that group photo from the baby blessing! Wish we could of stayed in Utah one extra day and made it! Your family is too cute, keep the updates coming!!

A & J said...

Glad you guys finally got an answer for Jimmy's backpain.